Please contact Wesley at [email protected] to apply.
Piano Teacher – Job description
Fox Music is a locally-owned music studio offering lessons in voice and piano. Fox Music has been serving the Hampton Roads community for more than 35 years, and we have grown to two professional studio locations in the area. Our small team of teachers enjoy steady work and a positive work environment.
The ideal candidate will:
– Have a degree in music or equivalent experience
– Have a confident, outgoing, and friendly personality
– Be comfortable working with both children and adults
– Have a strong work ethic and organizational skills
– Be a team player and genuinely care about each student
– Have reliable transportation to either our Virginia Beach or Chesapeake locations
-Teach private piano lessons
Most music studios hire teachers as contractors, and the teachers are responsible for communicating with their students throughout the week to maintain a schedule. We hire staff as employees instead. The benefits of this for our teachers are:
– We handle all the scheduling for the teachers. You work a weekly consistent shift. When you’re off, you’re off.
-Teachers are paid for their entire scheduled shift, even when they’re not teaching.
-We pay the employer portion of Social Security tax.
Compensation varies based on experience.